Better tasting, longer lasting milk
To retain milk’s nutritional value and taste, safeguard against sunlight and oxidation.
The steps we take:
- Our milk is stored in low-lit coolers usually for no more than one day.
- Unlike supermarkets that use high-intensity fluorescent lights, milk sold at Dari Mart stores is intentionally kept away from fluorescent lighting.
- We store and transport our milk at a temperature of 38˚F or below.
The steps you can take:
- In sunny weather, transport your milk in re-usable bags, paper sacks, or the reusable cardboard milk carriers that we sell.
- Don’t keep your milk in the car for long.
- Pick up your milk on the last stop before arriving home.
- Keep your refrigerator between 35˚ and 40˚F.
- Don’t leave your milk open or sitting out longer than necessary.
This information will help your milk taste better longer, while keeping its nutritional value.